Monday, November 9, 2009

LA Fitness May Have Some Explaining To Do...



A gay man says an employee at the newly opened LA Fitness near Love Field in Dallas twice called him a “faggot” on Sunday.
The man, 36-year-old Jason Evans, said he’s notified the gym’s management and plans to file a complaint with the city of Dallas, which has an ordinance prohibiting anti-gay discrimination in public accommodations.
“This is about justice,” said Evans, a member of both the Cathedral of Hope and the Turtle Creek Chorale. “It’s about hate and homophobia and it happened right here in our community, in a gym where a majority of the male members are gay. This is something that I’ve never done, but at 36, I’ve just had enough. I want the community to know what happened to me. Once it happens to me, it happens to all of us, we all take the hit.”
CONTACT INFO FOR L.A. FITNESS DALLAS-MOCKINGBIRD LN @ LEMMON:
4540 WEST MOCKINGBIRD LANE
DALLAS,  TX   75209
(214) 453-4899 

1 comment:

  1. WTF?!?! He handled that well...a lot better than I would have if in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete