Monday, June 16, 2008

Lisa Stout: my account planning sibling?

It would be quite the understatement to say that my sister and I both have really been through a lot in our short lifetimes so far. Having spent 5 years living apart from her though, I forgot how much we have in common and how smart and witty she is.

She's doing the Semester at Sea cruise this summer, going all around the world. Needless to say, I'm very jealous. I just went to New Orleans again for the weekend, and I thought I was special. Somehow, according to my mother, my sister managed to avoid rising fuel and air ticket prices and fly round-trip to Halifax for $650. Sounds like a lot of crap to me (mother trying to avoid sibling jealousy??)

Anyways, she's blogging her way through the whole experience, and reading her first two posts about her airport nightmare (now isn't that something we all can relate to?), I really started to see a bit of a planner in her. I never thought I'd say that, but I see it now.

This is what I love about planning- how little human experiences- moments of truth- can cut across lines of difference (race, class, gender, geo/socio/economical status/location, etc.,) to be shared by so many. 

Click here:




No comments:

Post a Comment